Marketing Research and Analysis - Consumer Insight Analyst
Salary: Up to $65,000 to start plus outstanding company-sponsored benefits
Location: Lincolnshire Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Market Research and Analysis
Consumer Insights Analyst
Up to $65,000 to start plus outstanding company-sponsored benefits
As a Consumer Insights Analyst in the Marketing Group, you will be performing all technical aspects of the firm's Consumer Research initiatives.
Your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Learning the company's business at multiple levels; product, category and consumer group
- Performing all technical aspects of consumer research initiatives, including development, planning, reporting and data analysis
- Utilizing point of sale (POS) data, syndicated data, household panel data, data derived from custom research and other software tools
- Tracking and reporting data from multiple sources
- Developing and designing questionnaires and other research materials
- Collecting and examining key financial data
- Determining appropriate performance metrics based on BOTH competitive market penetration and gross margin data
- Preparing dynamic, captivating and informative presentations for the Sales, Marketing and Operations Teams, designed to grow the business and demonstrate the Company's category leadership
- Working with the Consumer Insights Manager to develop and implement best practices
- Working with the Consumer Insights Manager and the Business Development Manager to create an automated set of standard reporting tools for company-wide utilization
- Monitoring, maintaining and updating large amounts of data within Excel
- Keeping up-to-date with consumer research methods, consumer trends and buying behaviors
- Assisting with special projects and performing other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Market Research, Mathematics, Economics or similar academic discipline
- Experience working with IRI, Nielsen, Retail Link and/or other data mining software products
In addition to the following qualifications:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (must know V-lookups and Pivot Tables, formulas, etc.)
- Advanced analytical and data mining skills
- Financial acumen
- Organizational and strategic-planning skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention-to-detail in your work
- The ability to distill complex concepts into a simple, easily understandable and actionable market intelligence
- The ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to travel overnight for business up to 25% of the year
PLUSES... That may enable you to stand out as a candidate for this job include:
+++ Any previous experience from within the food, beverage or dairy products industry
+++ Experience from a Company that manufactures, distributes or sells consumer packaged goods [CPG]
+++ An advanced degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Market Research, Mathematics, Economics or similar academic discipline
JobGiraffe's client is a well-known producer and supplier of popular food products.
Our client offers avenues for career growth and advancement within a successful international company.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1133 - Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations Skills Finance-Financial Services Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations Skills, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining