Logistics - Warehouse Receiving Team Lead
Salary: Up to $17.50 per hour to start with full company-sponsored benefits
Location: North Suburbs - Buffalo Grove Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Supply Chain / Logistics
Warehouse Receiving Team Lead
Up to $17.50 per hour to start with full benefits
North Suburbs - Buffalo Grove Area
This position is open due to growth!
As the Warehouse Receiving Team Lead, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supervising, training, monitoring and motivating your Team
- Receiving, unloading and properly putting-away all received materials within the facility
- Making sure all receiving processes are handled in a timely, efficient and proper manner
- Corresponding with customers, vendors and internal contacts
- Creating, updating and maintaining spreadsheets and logs
- Resolving discrepancies regarding invoices, packing slips and receiving reports
- Seeking-out efficiencies and process improvements
- Maintaining a clean and safe workplace
- Leading training programs in safety and proper receiving processes
- Assisting in other departments as necessary
Once hired, you will spend your first few weeks working the night shift to learn about company policies, procedures and protocols.
Following training, you will transition into a role as the Receiving Logistics Lead during the day shift.
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least two years of supply chain, logistics, shipping and receiving or warehouse experience
- Experience with warehouse operations including picking, packing, shipping and receiving
- Team Lead and/or Supervisory experience within a warehouse or logistics environment
- Experience with UPS and FedEx shipping programs
- Forklift experience
In addition to the following qualifications:
- The ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- The ability to work on your feet for the duration of an 8-hour shift
- Above-average communication skills
- A 'can-do' attitude and the work ethic to lead by example
- The ability to monitor, mentor and motivate team members
- Organizational skills and accuracy in your work
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Proficiency using computers and computer-based programs
- A comfort with numbers, spreadsheets and reports
- A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
PLUSES... That may enable your resume to stand out:
+++ Fluency in Spanish [read, write, speak]
+++ Forklift Certification
Our client offers a diverse range of electric, lighting and energy solutions.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1249 - Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc. Management Skills - People or Projects, Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange