Cost Accounting - Senior Cost Accountant
Salary: Up to $90,000 to start plus full company-sponsored benefits
Location: Bolingbrook Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Senior Cost Accountant
Up to $90,000 to start plus full company-sponsored benefits
As the Senior Cost Accountant, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and reporting to the CEO and President
- Performing routine and ad hoc analysis of various accounting processes
- Developing and maintaining financial and cost accounting processes and controls
- Developing and adjusting standardized costs for labor, materials and overhead
- Analyzing actual labor, material and overhead costs against the current budget
- Tracking and analyzing capital expenditures
- Researching and explaining budgetary and capital expenditure variances
- Preparing budgets and forecasts
- Ensuring compliance with tax, legal and standard operating procedures
- Providing advice, counsel and workflow direction to the Accounting Team as necessary
- Proactively assisting or leading in the development of projects to enhance organizational cost savings and profit margins
- Analyzing and strengthening existing policies and procedures
- Leading cross-functional teams for accounting-related projects
- Performing additional duties as necessary
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least three years of Accounting and/or Finance experience
- Cost accounting experience
- Experience costing jobs, projects, materials, labor, etc.
- Experience preparing budgets and forecasts
In addition to the following qualifications:
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel including Vlookups, pivot tables, complex formulas, advanced charting, etc.
- Advanced analytic and strategic-planning skills
- Advanced communication and relationship-building skills
- The ability to teach, train, develop and provide oversight to team members
- A positive attitude and 'can-do' mentality
- The ability to prioritize effectively and consistently meet deadlines
PLUSES... That may enable your resume to stand out:
+++ Supervisory and/or managerial experience in an accounting and/or finance environment
+++ A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar
+++ Experience with the software implementation process
+++ Experience using ADP
+++ Experience using ComputerEase
+++ Experience from the exhibits and trade show industry
Our client is an industry leading 'one-stop shop' for trade show exhibits and displays.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1400 - Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Exhibit-Trade Show/Convention Accounting Skills Exhibit-Trade Show/Convention, Marketing, Advertising, Creative, Communication, Information