Inventory / Purchasing
Salary: Up to $52,000 to start plus full benefits...
Location: Chicago - Bucktown Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Inventory / Purchasing / Supply Chain
Junior Inventory and Purchasing Specialist
Up to $52,000 to start plus full benefits included
Chicago - Bucktown Area
As a Junior Inventory and Purchasing Specialist, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Senior Buyer
- Assisting the Senior Buyer with the review of historical sales data, purchasing data and current sales forecasts
- Collecting and studying inventory data
- Analyzing inventory data, counts and cycles
- Creating and maintaining detailed inventory reports
- Entering updated sales, inventory and purchasing data into the company database
- Accurately forecasting necessary inventory levels and setting purchasing targets
- Alerting the Senior Buyer when specific products need to be ordered
- Obtaining price quotes and product availability information from vendors
- Placing orders with vendors
- Tracking received goods
- Assisting with various projects and duties within the department as required
An ideal candidate profile will include any of the following experience:
- Inventory Clerk, Inventory Analyst and/or Inventory Reporting experience
- Purchasing, Production Control and/or Supply Chain / Logistics experience
Additional desired qualifications include:
- Advanced computational math skills
- A comfort with numbers, data and spreadsheets
- Analytical skills
- A 'data-driven' approach
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook skills
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- Strategic-planning skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Decision-making skills
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention-to-detail in your work
PLUSES... That may enable your resume to stand out:
+++ A Bachelor's Degree, especially in Supply Chain Management or similar
+++ Any experience with an ERP system [Enterprise Resource Planning] or Inventory Database software
JobGiraffe's client is a fast-growing web-based supplier of Industrial Products.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1421 - Chicago, IL 60647
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Administrative Skills Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc. Administrative Skills, Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange