The JobGiraffe Process...
Finding the best candidates for your business
With 50 years of experience, our operation is grounded in the fundamentals of effective recruiting and staffing - yet we embrace an innovative approach to talent acquisition designed to meet the ever-changing needs of both the market and our clients.
At JobGiraffe, we use both traditional and technological outreach to identify top talent in all of our core competencies. In addition to being successful in Chicago and the Suburbs for 50 years, we employ wide-ranging referral programs, use countless industry and academic contacts, attend job fairs, and leverage many association involvements.
This, combined with our expert use of over 200 online job boards, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube), outdoor advertising and paid print, enables us to build a sourcing network that extends far beyond resume collection and the reach of most recruiters and staffing firms.
Plus, the new JobGiraffe website was designed to be the most innovative and accessible site possible for job seekers offering daily, real-time FEATURED JOB and HOT JOB postings and a comprehensive online 'apply now' experience.
Screening, Interviewing, Verifications and Reference Checking
It’s our job to send you only thoroughly screened candidates. All job seekers must submit their resume to begin the screening and evaluation process. We do not use resume scanning software; every single resume we receive will be read by an experienced JobGiraffe consultant. If selected, potential candidates are contacted and asked to schedule an in-person interview at one of our offices and submit an in-depth application.
During the interview, we review each applicant’s personal and professional information which includes collecting all information relating to their education, certifications and degrees, military service and complete employment history.
Ultimately, every facet of the background, including criminal background, will be verified on any candidate you choose to hire.
- JobGiraffe will verify education directly with the institution itself whenever possible or through a certified verification clearing house where required.
- JobGiraffe will verify dates of employment and collect employment references whenever possible. This is done personally by the JobGiraffe verification staff.
Our process always includes some level of third-party background checking - even if your company does not require it - and any additional third party background checks unique to your pre-employment requirements can be added, usually at no extra cost.
- For the initial background check, JobGiraffe utilizes a premier third-party Chicago-based background checking service that personally checks live courthouse records in each jurisdiction ordered, regardless of the location, using the ‘hand pull’ method. Although there are many services offering online search tools that are faster and cheaper, over the years we have found these searches are frequently inaccurate and/or incomplete.
- JobGiraffe will then run a Social Security trace (SSN Trace)
- JobGiraffe will then run all counties (CRIMINAL Search) in which the applicant lived and/or worked during the last 7 years. We will also search under any AKA’s that were discovered during the interview process and/or the Social Security Trace.
JobGiraffe will run any of the background checks listed below at no additional charge:
- SSN Trace
CRIMINAL SEARCH BY
- Nationwide Database
- Nationwide Sex Offender
- Federal Criminal
MULTI-JURISDICTIONAL INDEX SEARCH
<LINK TO MULTI-JURISDICTIONAL INDEX SEARCH>
- OFAC Search
- Driving Record (DMV)
Skills Assessment, Testing and Training
The Skills Assessment portion of our process is also extremely detailed. Appropriate skill testing is selected and administered on a candidate-by-candidate basis under the direction of the JobGiraffe staff.
By utilizing over 1500 testing and evaluation products offered through the Prove It! system by Kenexa®, an IBM Company, an applicant's general skills such as math, spelling, grammar and proofreading skills and second language skills including Spanish, French, Italian, German and more, can be tested and evaluated.
To view the list of available testing for 2014 click here.
Plus, specific job skills such as accounting, customer service, legal terminology, medical terminology, typing and data entry speed, and overall knowledge of various office procedures can be accurately assessed.
Also, a candidate's computer skills and specific software knowledge will not only be accurately assessed at a basic, intermediate or advanced level on more than 500 specific software titles but, in some cases, software skills can be enhanced by the training portion of the module.
All testing and training done by JobGiraffe is free to the client and to the job seeker.
JobGiraffe – Reach Higher®