The JobGiraffe Process...
Finding the best candidates for your business
With almost 50 years of experience, our operation is grounded in the fundamentals of effective recruiting and staffing - yet we embrace an innovative approach designed to meet the ever-changing needs of both the market and our clients.
At JobGiraffe, we use both traditional and technological outreach to identify top talent in all of our core competencies. In addition to being successful in the community for 50 years, we employ wide-ranging referral programs, attend job fairs, use countless industry and academic contacts, and leverage many association involvements.
This, combined with our expert use of over 200 online job boards, paid print and a strong social media presence, enables us to build a sourcing network that extends far beyond resume collection and the reach of most recruiters and staffing firms.
Plus, the new JobGiraffe website was designed to be the most innovative and accessible site possible for job seekers offering fresh, real-time job postings and a comprehensive online application experience.
Screening, Interviewing, Verifications and Reference Checking
It’s our job to send you only thoroughly screened candidates. All job seekers must submit their resume to begin the screening and evaluation process. We do not use resume scanning software; every single resume we receive will be read by an experienced JobGiraffe consultant. If selected, potential candidates are contacted and asked to schedule an in-person interview at one of our offices and submit an in-depth application.
During the interview, we review the applicant’s personal and professional information which includes collecting all information relating to their education, certifications and degrees, military service and complete past employment history. Ultimately, every facet of the job seeker’s employment history, education and military service (if applicable) will be verified.
- JobGiraffe will verify all education directly with the institution itself whenever possible or through a certified verification clearing house where required.
- JobGiraffe will verify all dates of employment and collect employment references whenever possible. All of this is done personally by the JobGiraffe staff.
Our process always includes some level of third-party background checking - even if your company does not require it. Any additional third party background checks unique to your pre-employment requirements can be added, always at no charge to the job seeker plus all of the background checking services listed below are at no extra cost to our client either!
- JobGiraffe utilizes a premier third-party Chicago-based background checking service that personally checks live courthouse records in each jurisdiction ordered, regardless of the location, using the ‘hand pull’ method. (Services offering online search tools are faster and cheaper, but so frequently inaccurate and/or incomplete)
- JobGiraffe will run a Social Security trace on all applicants to verify identity and to collect all AKA’s.
- JobGiraffe will then run all counties in which the applicant lived and/or worked during the last 15 years and also will search under all AKA’s that were discovered during the interview process and through the social security trace.
JobGiraffe is prepared to run any of the background checks listed below:
- SSN Trace
- SSN (CBSV)
- Nationwide Database
- Nationwide Sex Offender
- Federal Criminal
- OFAC Search
- Driving Record (DMV)
- Worker's Compensation
Skills Assessment, Testing and Training
The Skills Assessment portion of our process is also extremely detailed. Appropriate skill testing is selected and administered on a candidate-by-candidate basis under the direction of the JobGiraffe staff.
By utilizing over 1500 testing and evaluation products offered through the Prove It! system by Kenexa®, an IBM Company, an applicant's general skills such as math, spelling, grammar and proofreading skills and second language skills including Spanish, French, Italian, German and more, can be tested and evaluated.
To view the list of available testing for 2014 click here.
Plus, specific job skills such as accounting, customer service, legal terminology, medical terminology, typing and data entry speed, and overall knowledge of various office procedures can be accurately assessed.
Also, a candidate's computer skills and specific software knowledge will not only be accurately assessed at a basic, intermediate or advanced level on more than 500 specific software titles but, in some cases, software skills can be enhanced by the training portion of the module.
All testing and training done by JobGiraffe is free to the client and to the job seeker.
JobGiraffe – Reach Higher®