Quality Control Inspector / Excel Proficient
Salary: Up to $17.00 per hour to start plus full company sponsored benefits
Location: Northwest Suburbs - Elk Grove Village, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Quality Control / Excel Proficient
Finished Goods Inspector
Up to $17.00 per hour to start plus full company sponsored benefits
Northwest Suburbs - Elk Grove Village, IL
As a Finished Goods Inspector within Quality Control, you will be overseeing and conducting performance tests and inspections on a variety of handcrafted product types.
Your job duties will include:
- Learning about the company's testing and inspection protocols
- Joining a team of six in the Quality Control Department
- Performing all duties in accordance to Company QC Guidelines
- Conducting tests and inspections on production samples and packaging solutions policy, procedure, compliance and quality standards
- Identifying problems, defects and other inspection failures
- Reviewing and approving all product and packaging labels
- Keeping detailed inspection logs
- Reviewing and approving inspection reports
- Making recommendations and initiating corrective action as appropriate
- Reviewing, approving and processing product and photo samples
- Assembling product samples as necessary
- Communicating with domestic and overseas vendors
- Initiating product transfers as needed
- Providing additional support to the department as requested
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 1 year of relevant / related / similar experience
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- The ability to use measuring and weighing devices, such as micrometers, calipers, gauges, scales, tape measurement and drop test equipment
- Digital camera / digital photography skills
- The ability to download and make adjustments to photos, including rotating, cropping, sizing and making color adjustments to images
- Accurate data entry skills
- Related consumer goods industry experience +++
- Related experience from a handcrafted product environment +++
- An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree +++
JobGiraffe's client is a fast growing direct to consumer multi-channel merchandising companies.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, or by phone if needed.
JG ID #20-1011 - Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc. Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc. Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc., Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange