Apprentice Industrial Mechanic
Salary: Up to $18.00 per hour to start plus full benefits and OT!
Location: Near South Suburbs of Chicago - Oak Lawn Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Service / Maintenance / Repair
Industrial Mechanic Apprenticeship
Up to $18.00 per hour to start plus full benefits and OT!
Near South Suburbs of Chicago - Oak Lawn Area
As Mechanic's Apprentice in the Maintenance and Repair Department, you will:
- Perform routine preventative maintenance in support of manufacturing operations
- Learn to maintain mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment and machinery
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues as they arise
- Make repairs to equipment as necessary
- Escalate complex repairs to the Department Supervisor as appropriate
- Order replacement parts as necessary
- Document and log maintenance and repair activity
- Enter information into the database
- Perform other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 1 year of similar / related / relevant mechanical maintenance experience
- The willingness and ability to work paid OT as required [Approximately 5-10 hours of OT per week]
- Organization and attention to detail
- Advanced mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- The ability to follow instruction
- The willingness to learn
+++ Forklift operation experience
+++ Related experience from a similar industry
JobGiraffe's client is an established manufacturer of metal products.
Enhanced health safety policies, protocols and measures are in place within the facility.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #20-1381 - Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Construction/Trades/Skilled Labor/Repair, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining