Biomedical Equipment Technician
Salary: $50,000 and up first year
Location: Chicago - Multiple Locations
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Maintenance, Repair & Installation
Medical / Biomedical / Hospital
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Will Train)
Earn Up to $22.00 per hour with LOTS of overtime at time-and-a-half
As a Biomedical Equipment Technician, you will be assigned to work onsite at various hospitals throughout the Chicago Metropolitan Area and:
- Shadow a Senior Equipment Technician, learning and training 'on-the-job'
- Travel to area hospitals as assigned with a Senior Technician
- Learn to manage medical equipment, devices and instrumentation
- Install new equipment
- Test, calibrate and setup equipment
- Perform routine maintenance
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues as they arise
- Make modifications and repairs as necessary
- Monitor inventory levels
- Evaluate contracts and generate reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Biomedical Engineering or similar
- The willingness and ability to work OT as required [all OT paid at time-an-a-half]
- Diagnostic and repair skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Prioritization and problem solving skills
+++ At least 1 year of related / similar experience with medical equipment, devices and instrumentation
+++ Prior related experience in a hospital/medical center setting
+++ JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations) or related certification[s]
JobGiraffe's client provides safety testing, repair, preventative maintenance and asset management services for medical and biomedical equipment, devices and instrumentation.
Enhanced health safety policies, procedures and measures are in place at the company.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #21-1352
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Other not listed Engineering Other not listed, Services: Professional, Business, Scientific, Technical, Industrial, Commercial