Controller - Insurance Brokerage
Salary: Up to $100,000 to start plus generous annual bonus and great company-sponsored benefits
Location: West Suburbs of Chicago - St. Charles, IL (Work Mostly From Home)
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Accounting / Accountant / Finance
Controller and Finance Manager
Commercial Insurance Brokerage
(WORK MOSTLY FROM HOME)
As Controller and Finance Manager, you will:
- Manage all Accounting and Finance functions for the St. Charles office
- Support the firm's Colorado-based Corporate Headquarters (Mountain Time Zone)
- Oversee one local direct report
- Supervise Accounts Payable and Receivable functions
- Manage month and year-end closings
- Maintain the general ledger
- Review bank reconciliations
- Prepare financial statements
- Analyze variances
- Review income and expense reporting
- Prepare annual budget and year-end compilation work papers
- Facilitate on-time tax filings
- Obtain financing for business operations as needed
- Produce routine and special reports for surplus lines taxes and stamping fees
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts
Up to $100,000 to start plus generous annual bonus and great company-sponsored benefits
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 5 years of Accounting / Finance experience
- At least 3 years of related management, supervisory and/or Controller experience
- Related experience from the Insurance, Financial Services or similar industry
- A Bachelor's Degree
+++ Applied Epic experience
West Suburbs of Chicago - St. Charles, IL
JobGiraffe's client is an established commercial insurance brokerage.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done by phone, FaceTime or Skype from 7AM to 7PM Mondays through Saturdays.
JG ID #21-1493 - St Charles, IL 60174
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Accounting Skills Management Skills - People or Projects, Services: Professional, Business, Scientific, Technical, Industrial, Commercial