Warehouse Manager / Distribution Center
Salary: Up to $120,000 per year plus generous annual bonus and great company-sponsored benefits
Location: Chicago, IL - Near Midway Airport
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Up to $120,000 per year plus generous annual bonus and great company-sponsored benefits
Chicago, IL - Near Midway Airport
As Warehouse Manager for the firm's Midwest Distribution Center, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing Warehouse Operations, Team Members and over 2 million stocked items daily
- Ensuring efficient and effective warehouse operations
- Supervising the picking, packing and manifesting processes
- Overseeing branch transfer orders to surrounding branch locations
- Keeping tabs on sales data, production reports and inventory levels using the WMS [Warehouse Management System]
- Allocating labor based on order volume
- Developing training programs for current Warehouse Staff
- Hiring and training new Warehouse Team Members to meet demand
- Providing mentoring, guidance and coaching to new and existing Team Members
- Upholding safety, security and other warehouse policies
- Investigating and reporting any issues that arise
- Implementing corrective action[s] as necessary
- Contributing to continuous improvement efforts
An ideal candidate profile will include:
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in warehouse distribution operations
- At least 5 years of related Supervisory / Management experience
- An advanced knowledge of warehouse and distribution operations
- Experience managing 15+ hourly workers
- The ability to lead, direct and oversee a Team
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- The willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary
+++ An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
+++ Fluency in Spanish [read, write, speak]
+++ Experience with Epicor/P21 Warehouse Management Systems
This position is an addition to staff and is open due to growth.
JobGiraffe's client is a national leader in the replacement parts industry.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1920 - Chicago, IL 60638
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Supply Chain 2 - Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Warehouse, Freight, Import, Export, Customs, etc. Management Skills - People or Projects, Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange