Salary: Between $80,000 and $95,000 to start plus full company-sponsored benefits and generous annual bonus program
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Licensed Accounting Professional
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Work for Public Accounting Firm
Between $80,000 and $95,000 to start plus full company-sponsored benefits and generous annual bonus program
As an Accountant for our client, a large local Public Accounting Firm, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of regular clients
- Managing more complex client engagements for clients of your own and the clients of others within the firm
- Meeting with clients one on one or by phone and email
- Managing multiple engagements simultaneously
- Reviewing working papers, financial statements and other pertinent documents relating to engagements
- Overseeing special assignments
- Undertaking all engagements and assignments using established firm policies and procedures
- Coaching and mentoring other less senior accounting staff
- Coordinating various phases of engagements including scope, time-line, budget and expense limits
- Handling both the supervision and on-the-job training of staff by offering guidance, direction, and constructive criticism when needed
- Leads co-workers to anticipate project issues, assess alternatives, and take appropriate measure to resolve said issues as needed
- Identifies client needs and opportunities, and identifies cross selling and new service opportunities
The ideal candidate profile will include:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- CPA designation
- At least three years of on-the-job Public Accounting experience
- Superior MS office skills, particularly with Excel
+++ A Master's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
+++ Experience with QuickBooks
Our client is a prestigious large, local CPA firm with multiple offices throughout the Chicago metropolitan area.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours and by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1934 - Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Accounting Skills Accounting Skills Accounting Skills, Financial, Banking, Insurance, Real Estate, Investment, Related Services