GOOD FOR GRADS - WILL TRAIN - Customer Service in Operations Support - IMMEDIATE HIRE!
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour to start plus frequent overtime at time-and-a-half!
Location: Buffalo Grove Area
Position Type: Full-time | Temp
GOOD FOR GRADS - WILL TRAIN
Biology or Science Grads Welcome
Customer Service in Operations Support
$18.00 to $20.00 per hour to start plus frequent overtime at time-and-a-half!
This position begins as a full-time, indefinite, open-ended contract with the STRONG possibility to convert to direct-hire employment with our client company.
As Customer Service in Operations Support, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Learning about the products, product lines and services offered by the Company
- Handling a variety of pre-sales and post-sales service functions
- Providing support to Field Service Engineers and Regional Field Service Managers via phone and email
- Answering and responding to phone calls and emails from internal and external customers
- Dispatching incoming service requests
- Creating service orders in SAP
- Entering spare parts order requests from Service Engineers
- Acquiring purchase orders for open billable service requests
- Coordinating onsite visits and new product installations
- Coordinating deliveries, removals and demos with the Logistics Department and outside "third party" logistics service providers
- Maintaining and updating electronic and manual filing systems
- Handling requests for additional Company materials
- Performing other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with office experience while in school
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Fast and accurate typing and data entry skills
- At least two years of full-time customer service and/or call center experience
Additional desired characteristics include:
- Experience using SAP or similar database or order entry system
- Above-average written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to learn new software and systems quickly
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical-thinking skills
- Organizational and follow-up skills
- Accuracy and attention-to-detail in your work
- Having leadership qualities
- The ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
PLUSES... factors that may enable you to stand out as a candidate for this job include:
+++ A Bachelor's Degree in Biology or Science
+++ Experience using SAP or Salesforce
+++ Experience dispatching service requests
JobGiraffe's client is a global manufacturer and distributor of scientific instruments and instrumentation.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1097 - Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Recent Grads and Entry Level/Will Train Customer Service Skills Recent Grads and Entry Level/Will Train, Manufacturing, Processing, Refining