Purchasing / Buyer - Packaging Buyer
Salary: Up to $85,000 to start plus outstanding company-sponsored benefits, potential for bonus and career advancement opportunities
Location: Lincolnshire Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Purchasing / Buyer
Up to $85,000 to start plus outstanding company-sponsored benefits, potential for bonus and career advancement opportunities
As a Packaging Buyer, you will be responsible for the procurement of packaging materials for perishable food products.
Your job duties will include:
- Developing and executing optimal sourcing strategies for assigned categories
- Developing and monitoring key performance indicators [KPIs] for suppliers
- Using research and data-driven analysis to support strategic sourcing decisions
- Monitoring vendor-managed inventory
- Diligently searching for cost-savings opportunities
- Leading and supporting cross-functional teams to strengthen efficiencies and establish best practice
- Traveling to visit plants and suppliers on a regular basis
- Managing special projects and performing additional duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will including the following experience:
- At least two years of purchasing and/or buyer experience
- A Bachelor's Degree
In addition to the following qualifications:
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency
- Familiarity with inventory management software / systems
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strategic-planning skills
- Comfort with numbers, data and spreadsheets
- Organizational skills
- Attention-to-detail in your work
- The ability to successfully prioritize and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- The willingness and ability to travel on a regular basis to company plant operations throughout the US and Canada [all travel paid at company expense]
PLUSES... That may enable your resume to stand out:
+++ Experience with the procurement of packaging materials, especially food and beverage packaging materials
Our client is a well-known maker of popular food and beverage products.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1173 - Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc. Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc. Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc., Manufacturing, Processing, Refining