Category / Brand Manager
Salary: Up to $75,000 to start plus great company-sponsored benefits
Location: Chicago - Bucktown Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Category / Brand Manager
Hair, Beauty and Personal Care Products
Up to $75,000 to start plus great company-sponsored benefits
Chicago - Bucktown Area
As a Category / Brand Manager, you will be responsible for managing specific Category activity across several brands and for developing strategic private label partnerships to drive sales, increase revenue and promote customer satisfaction.
On Mondays you will work out of the Company's corporate office located in Mount Prospect, and Tuesday thru Friday you will be working out of the Company's Chicago office, located in Bucktown.
Your job duties will include:
- Developing the Category's strategy through category analysis and in-depth market analysis
- Managing the current portfolio, including sales presentations, SKU substitutions and discontinuations
- Commandeering the new product development process
- Effectively overseeing project timelines, budgets, deliverables and approvals
- Working with the Director of Procurement to source products from suppliers and partners
- Developing effective product assortments, packaging solutions and pricing strategies
- Managing relationships with internal departments and external vendors / partners / customers
- Executing product testing with end users
- Supporting the Sales Team with effective sales and training tools
- Developing promotional calendars
- Creating and coordinating an integrated communication strategy
- Assisting Private Label clients with product and packaging development
- Managing special projects as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least three years of product development and brand / category management experience
- Project Management experience
In addition to the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related
- Superior research and analysis skills
- Strategic-planning and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills with strong business acumen
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- A positive demeanor and proactive nature
- An innovative mind and creative spirit
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Above-average overall computer skills
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines and deliver results, while remaining on budget
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of the time [paid at company-expense]
PLUSES... That may enable your resume to stand out:
+++ Experience using Nielsen and/or point of sale data
+++ Marketing experience from the Consumer Packaged Goods [CPG] industry
+++ Marketing experience from the Hair Care, Beauty and Personal Care Products Industry
+++ Experience working with overseas suppliers and/or vendors
Our client is an innovative provider of beauty-inspired brands.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1195 - Mount Prospect, IL 60056
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc. Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations Skills Supply Chain 1 - Purchasing, Materials Mgmt, Product Design, Production Planning, QA, Inventory, etc., Wholesalers, Brokers, Distributors, Retailers, Importers, Trade, Exchange