Investment Services / Banking / IRA - Prohibited Transaction and Compliance Supervisor
Salary: Up to $85,000 to start plus outstanding company-sponsored benefits, annual bonus and room for career advancement
Location: Near West Suburbs - Oak Brook Area
Position Type: Full-time | Direct-hire
Investment Services / Banking / IRA
Prohibited Transaction and Compliance Supervisor
Up to $85,000 to start plus outstanding company-sponsored benefits, annual bonus and room for career advancement
Near West Suburbs - Oak Brook Area
As the Prohibited Transaction and Compliance Supervisor you will oversee a Pre-Custody Team that reviews various alternative investments ensuring they can be held within client IRAs.
Your job duties will include:
- Ensuring the team meets established service levels to clients, investment sponsors and internal departments
- Developing, training and coaching a team of approximately six members
- Ensuring the work environment remains positive, with an atmosphere conducive for productivity and success
- Defining and driving team strategy, ensuring alignment with overall Company and business objectives
- Collaborating with the Manager of Investment Services on process improvements and enhancements
- Serving as a resource for investment sponsors and clients regarding the Company's products and services
- Being a primary internal contact for escalated questions regarding Pre-Custody issues
- Providing answers to questions regarding IRA requirements and IRS code, including prohibited transactions and complex investment scenarios
- Preparing performance evaluations
- Tracking KPIs and reporting your findings to upper management
- Monitoring and analyzing market trends to identify opportunities
- Creating strategies to continually train and develop your team
- Performing other duties as assigned
An ideal candidate profile will include the following experience:
- At least five years of experience within the Investment Services or Financial Services industry
- At least two years of supervisory experience from the Investment Services or Financial Services industry
- Experience in Project Management and/or Change Management
In addition to the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or similar
- A working knowledge of traditional and alternative types of investments
- Advanced analytical skills
- A comfort with numbers, data and spreadsheets
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to lead, guide, mentor and motivate a team
- Prioritization and time-management skills
- A proactive nature and the desire to deliver the highest-quality of service
PLUSES... That may enable your resume to stand out:
+++ IRA knowledge
+++ Knowledge of prohibited transactions within IRAs
+++ Experience with alternative investments
Our client is a growing provider of investment and custody solutions to the financial services industry.
Please submit your resume by using the Apply Now feature.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed based on the candidate profile listed above.
Candidates with the most relevant background will be selected first and asked to participate in a screening.
Initial screenings can be done in-person during office hours, before or after hours, by Skype or by phone if needed.
JG ID #19-1202 - Oak Brook, IL 60523
Relevant Skills, Experience, Industries:
Management Skills - People or Projects Finance-Financial Services Management Skills - People or Projects, Financial, Banking, Insurance, Real Estate, Investment, Related Services